Wot u gonna do?

Bazle

To add to the above, since I looked it up earlier today I understand Emirates will ground their A380 fleet next week so there will be more cancellations. One of two Glasgow flights has now gone that was on the A380.

Unconfirmed rumour is they will ground everything in a fortnight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Ordered this 

A35E66E5-EB4A-4F0A-B839-1BEE461EECF4.jpeg

3 hours ago, JPK said:

I was looking at some of those adjustable ones online yesterday, they seem pretty good.  Ive been looking on YouTube as well, there's loads of decent routines to do in the house as well.

I was out on my mountain bike this morning for a couple of hours messing about on a course near me. I will need to get something else organised now the gyms shut.

Just was given a couple of kettlebells, one 12kg, one 16kg.

Never used them before, have to google starter exercises. 

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Just was given a couple of kettlebells, one 12kg, one 16kg.

Never used them before, have to google starter exercises. 

I've used them a fair bit, going back over 15 years- just started to get back into it, in recent weeks. I'm a huge fan of kettlebell workouts

Had a look on YouTube and a couple of the videos worried me, fair chance of injuring yourself, if you copied them. This one I thought was really good as it showed a proper warm-up( you really should do an elongated version of what they show on here), and some sensibly graduated exercises

The best single piece of advice I could give starting off, is don't work out with kettlebells as you would with weights- to the point of failure.

Your technique will go long before you fail without you realising it. Even though it might seem like a baby step, start with 5 reps and do the ones in this video as a circuit. You might want to watch a separate video on the kettlebell swing, getting that wrong, will f*** up your back.

• Great Info 1

36 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I've used them a fair bit, going back over 15 years- just started to get back into it, in recent weeks. I'm a huge fan of kettlebell workouts

Had a look on YouTube and a couple of the videos worried me, fair chance of injuring yourself, if you copied them. This one I thought was really good as it showed a proper warm-up( you really should do an elongated version of what they show on here), and some sensibly graduated exercises

The best single piece of advice I could give starting off, is don't work out with kettlebells as you would with weights- to the point of failure.

Your technique will go long before you fail without you realising it. Even though it might seem like a baby step, start with 5 reps and do the ones in this video as a circuit. You might want to watch a separate video on the kettlebell swing, getting that wrong, will f*** up your back.

Can see a proper full lockdown coming, judging by the amount of cunts in parks and markets today in groups and not giving a f**k, idiots. 

So not sure how much longer i'll even be able to use the small park on my doorstep, despite it only being me and i'd keep well away from anyone else.

So will give the kettlebells a go, cheers. Yea, had a play around earlier, thought to myself i'll have to careful here, will do my back in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Can see a proper full lockdown coming, judging by the amount of cunts in parks and markets today in groups and not giving a f**k, idiots. 

So not sure how much longer i'll even be able to use the small park on my doorstep, despite it only being me and i'd keep well away from anyone else.

So will give the kettlebells a go, cheers. Yea, had a play around earlier, thought to myself i'll have to careful here, will do my back in.

Surprised that London is not in lockdown already.  It was very quiet in my neighbourhood from 9 till 11AM, seemed people were taking heed but from your experience apparently not!!

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KWA said:

Emirates cancelled a lot of UK flights today.   Edinburgh (daily x1), Newcastle (x1), Stansted (x1) and Gatwick (x3) from what I saw, mostly until the end of June.  My return booked for June has also been affected.  Gatwick finishes on Tuesday so you just missed it!

Are you sure it was a rebooking fee you were charged?  My outbound changes earlier this week had no change fee, but the fare difference was charged and with less than 3 days until your flight that could push the price up.  I would hope they would refund it anyway if you couldn't get through on the phone where it likely wouldn't have been charged.

I read that they'd cancelled a load, including gatwick, which is why I wanted to sort it asap. The charges were definitely rebooking fees as there were other options that were much more expensive, but do remember reading somewhere that their website couldn't not charge them, but that they will refund them. I'll ring them up, if they still exist, when I get settled at home

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

Done!

Feel much better already.

Not sure about anyone else, but I think I have to get into some sort of routine to help get through this.

Every day at 11.45am I am going to do a  good 45 min work out at the park outside my home, try and test myself, gradually build it up, do stuff faster. 

Just a small thing, but will certainly help me.

Good for you - keep it up.

I so wish I could go back 20 years and do the same.

Cycling most days and six laps round our local sports stadium track power walking 2 or 3 times a week is the best I can do now. I wake up each morning like all my joints need a good spray of WD40. 😀

Managed to get myself into a nice routine.

I go for a walk about 4:00am whils’t it’s cooler, go to sleep, wake up and do the washing then sleep during the day.

People used to mock me about only having merino wool clothing, but I can get it washed and dried in about two hours.

I only have two T-shirts,two pairs of shorts, three pairs of socks and three pairs of underpants. That is my entire wardrobe right now!
Just eating Thai street food and drinking water.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

Managed to get myself into a nice routine.

I go for a walk about 4:00am whils’t it’s cooler, go to sleep, wake up and do the washing then sleep during the day.

People used to mock me about only having merino wool clothing, but I can get it washed and dried in about two hours.

I only have two T-shirts,two pairs of shorts, three pairs of socks and three pairs of underpants. That is my entire wardrobe right now!
Just eating Thai street food and drinking water.

Just turn the shirts, shorts, socks and underpants inside out and wear the same ones the next day. Nobody wil notice and you can get an extra 30 minutes sleep.

When I was a kid we were so poor us kids had to share the same clothes. only problem was my sister was two years younger than me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are you setting yourself any objectives?
Sort of! Mainly to retain contact with friends, and to continue with my daily walk for as long as I'm allowed. But I'm conscious I should also have something more ambitious, like learn a skill, but haven't decided on that yet.

Are you going to stick to a daily routine?
I am going to have to set times for going to bed and for getting up. Not an issue at the moment, but I can see it potentially becoming one.

How do you intend to deal with food?
This is the trickiest one. Up to now, I've not stored food - just bought it as and when I needed it. I've now bought meals to freeze, and must ensure I eat them before the use-by dates. Then it is a matter of replacing them. I need fresh fruit and veg, and that is hard to come by at the moment. I will keep glancing into the supermarkets to see if they have anything. The highlight of my day yesterday was finding some bananas!

Are you going to schedule 'phone/Skype calls with people in the same way as you would have arranged meetings with them?
Most certainly "yes" to the extent I am able. It is chatting with friends on the 'phone and Skype which is keeping me sane at the moment.

What are your plans to maintain mental and physical health?
Try to do 10,000 steps a day, try to eat food other than ready meals, speak to at least 2 people every day, not watch TV news for more than half hour in the morning and again in the evening, find things to do which will give me a sense of achievement.

If you have a partner living with you, have you agreed upon conciliation procedures? 🙂
N/A - live alone.

I remember, 11 years ago, when I told my GP I was going to retire, he told me to make sure I have a reason for getting up in the morning. I think that that is particularly pertinent advice in the current situation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Just turn the shirts, shorts, socks and underpants inside out and wear the same ones the next day. Nobody wil notice and you can get an extra 30 minutes sleep.

When I was a kid we were so poor us kids had to share the same clothes. only problem was my sister was two years younger than me.

My dad used to go to the Army & Navy surplus shop to buy us young boys secondhand cloths. 
You can imagine my embarrassment, when I had to go to school dressed as a Japanese Admiral. 😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1st day of self isolation today, feels a bit strange but sorting out my mail, emptying my suitcase and washing cloths has kept me busy so far. A mate has dropped a few bits and pieces off that he managed to get me from the shops. Catching up on a bit of TV and have just cooked an omlette for myself. It's going to be a lazy day from now me thinks!

IMG_20200322_27899.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Done an hour's workout in small park on my doorstep, part of where I live. Even if the bigger ones get closed in London, which I think many will, due to people being stupid and selfish, i'll still be able to use this one, it's 'off road', part of where I live.

Running, burpees, renegade press, squat, mountain climbers, basketballers, lunges etc.

Tell you what, feeling knackered, was a great work out. Wife and daughter were there as well, more of a family 'keep sane' time.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Been in the fields with my boy for 20 minutes footy kick about, I’m feckin knackered. Time to open and pour a glass of Merlot. I won’t bother to let it breath, I’ll do the breathing for it. 😁

Pour a glass out of the bottle then give the bottle a shake, pour a second glass to drink first.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

1st day of self isolation today, feels a bit strange but sorting out my mail, emptying my suitcase and washing cloths has kept me busy so far. A mate has dropped a few bits and pieces off that he managed to get me from the shops. Catching up on a bit of TV and have just cooked an omlette for myself. It's going to be a lazy day from now me thinks!

IMG_20200322_27899.jpg

Wot! No bog roll?

• Haha 2

I started the day by taking our 4 dogs out for a walk.

It was only supposed to be the wee one and on a lead because she doesn't take one blind bit of notice what I say! The other three "go over the wall" several times a day on their own but the wee one doesn't like crossing the small stream at the back of the house. When they release sufficient water they have to swim across and back.

But when I opened the driveway sliding gate the other three shot out and I ended up walking with the pack of 4 dogs. So I let the wee one ( who is medium size really) off the lead and our pack behaved surprisingly well. One of the dogs is a male, looks much like a German Shepherd and is most definitely the pack leader. The other male dogs in the area are scared shitless of him and disappear when they see him. Confronted by 4 dogs they beat all records. He is a lovely dog with a great temperament and not at all overtly aggressive. Which really sums up our 4 dogs as a whole all of whom are former Soi dogs.

Thai's are amazed by this farang walking a dog on a lead. The women think it is sweet and they all smile at me. They have seen me often with the one dog but walking with a pack of dogs came as an even bigger surprise. They must think I am a "dog whisperer" .🤣

Going fishing this afternoon. Changing tactics by starting at 2pm and fishing untill its dark. I wondered why I virtually had the lake to myself in the mornings until I discovered the locals don't arrive until about 2.30 when thanks to the tall trees the lake ever increasingly is in shadow. There is also the attraction they do good food and sell large bottles of cold beer when I have had enough.

Be safe out there.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Me and my brother were quite close in age so we had to share close as well. Although I’m pretty sure your anecdote is a joke. Hope you’re keeping well mate and all my love to the Mrs.

14 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Me and my brother were quite close in age so we had to share close as well. Although I’m pretty sure your anecdote is a joke. Hope you’re keeping well mate and all my love to the Mrs.

Depends if you come from Yorkshire or not.

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I started the day by taking our 4 dogs out for a walk.

It was only supposed to be the wee one and on a lead because she doesn't take one blind bit of notice what I say! The other three "go over the wall" several times a day on their own but the wee one doesn't like crossing the small stream at the back of the house. When they release sufficient water they have to swim across and back.

But when I opened the driveway sliding gate the other three shot out and I ended up walking with the pack of 4 dogs. So I let the wee one ( who is medium size really) off the lead and our pack behaved surprisingly well. One of the dogs is a male, looks much like a German Shepherd and is most definitely the pack leader. The other male dogs in the area are scared shitless of him and disappear when they see him. Confronted by 4 dogs they beat all records. He is a lovely dog with a great temperament and not at all overtly aggressive. Which really sums up our 4 dogs as a whole all of whom are former Soi dogs.

Thai's are amazed by this farang walking a dog on a lead. The women think it is sweet and they all smile at me. They have seen me often with the one dog but walking with a pack of dogs came as an even bigger surprise. They must think I am a "dog whisperer" .🤣

Going fishing this afternoon. Changing tactics by starting at 2pm and fishing untill its dark. I wondered why I virtually had the lake to myself in the mornings until I discovered the locals don't arrive until about 2.30 when thanks to the tall trees the lake ever increasingly is in shadow. There is also the attraction they do good food and sell large bottles of cold beer when I have had enough.

Be safe out there.

thank u for your contribution. would be awfully nice to see a picture of the dogs. stay safe too

9 hours ago, Starshine said:

Wot! No bog roll?

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Left hand mate, he's spent too much time in Asia.😀

I brought 5 rolls home from the 7 11 mate just in case. Fortunately I found a large bag of them in a spare room so we are good for a while. I do miss the bum gun though! 

• Thumbs Up 1