What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Where do you buy them, mate? 

Fascino on Pattaya Nua has a good selection of vitamins at ok prices. They had a promo going last week if you bought 120 tablets for 690B they gave you the 60 tablet bottle for free. The B12 is cyanocobalamin, which is ok, but as there are advantages to methylcobalamin (link) I bought strips of those from Bangkok Drugstore (link) which has great prices on a lot of Rx drugs.

For a quick pick me up of B12 you could also go the injection route. Dr. Oliver has that for 800B. Haven't done that yet, but will report back if I do.

What's good is what I'm doing right now is noticing an improvement in the numbness after only a couple of days off the pisss.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Great Info 1

16 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Good idea mate. I used to have a discount card there but will obtain a new one as I'm due a new box of BP pills aswell..

Suggest having a look at Bangkok Drugstore prices for your BP meds. I found them to be quite a bit less than what the pharmacy charges and often times I'll have my order the next day. As an example I'm taking Amlodipine/Valsartan and a box of 28 tables costs 920B.

24 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Suggest having a look at Bangkok Drugstore prices for your BP meds. I found them to be quite a bit less than what the pharmacy charges and often times I'll have my order the next day. As an example I'm taking Amlodipine/Valsartan and a box of 28 tables costs 920B.

I can't quite work that out mate. Is that a box of 28 strips of 10 tablets..= 280 tablets  or is that 920 B for less than a months supply ??

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I can't quite work that out mate. Is that a box of 28 strips of 10 tablets..= 280 tablets  or is that 920 B for less than a months supply ??

The 10/160 is the dosage of each drug that's in each tablet. The box has 28 tablets, so a few days less than a month's supply.

Note I only used what was prescribed for me as an example. If your Rx is different, you should stick with that and not switch unless advised by a Dr.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

I monitor my BP every day because I have been trying to stay off meds. Heavy drinking for a day, or a few days of moderate drinking raise it up way more than what is acceptable. The risk of a heart attack keeps me in check.

On my next 6 monthly review I am going to discuss options of meds for BP, just to give me a bit more freedom!

Monitor mine every morning after we get up...this morning. 

IMG_1757.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

2020 I stayed for 7 months so ran out of BP tablets, checking back I was quoted the following prices at Fascino P. Nua.

Doxazosin 2mg    1,555 / 100 

Doxazosin 4mg    2,225/100

Amlodipine 5mg    215/100

Amlodipine 10mg    280/100 (Best value, break in half)

Funnily enough, Fascino on P. Tai had Dox 2mg priced 45/10 and Ramipril 10mg 1303/30.

• Great Info 2

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

If that is with no meds, you are in great shape.

My target for no meds is 130/90.

I can't maintain that if I have been drinking. 

Yeah Stu, luckily no meds for me, been really lucky with my health. But then again, I certainly try hard to be good LOL!  Just to be really stupid, after the BKK meet up and 2 nights of Sangsom and Coke, it will be interesting to see what my BP is. Keep on the up and up and moderation is important these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah Stu, luckily no meds for me, been really lucky with my health. But then again, I certainly try hard to be good LOL!  Just to be really stupid, after the BKK meet up and 2 nights of Sangsom and Coke, it will be interesting to see what my BP is. Keep on the up and up and moderation is important these days. 

Amazing what a regular workout routine over a period of time can do. 

I was able to get off all meds a few years back when I was being a good boy. I didn't even give up smoking and drinking (although I cut back significantly).

I will be giving it another big push this upcoming year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just unboxed a new Samsung TV. Can’t say I’m too impressed, but for the equivalent of maybe 6,000 baht before tax…..They’re still in business to make a profit, yeah? Flat screens have come way down, but we can’t expect $40 new televisions 

So it’s a 32” but only 720P. Just wanted something for upstairs so I can watch Netflix/Prime by myself, on something bigger than my IPhone. Sounds like a strange problem, but I learned you need strong WIFI when you have a 4 level townhouse compared to an apartment. The basement is where the big screen is, and the cable folks set up the modem 2 floors up. Apparently Wifi travels up easier, speed is around 15GB, sounds low but it’s plenty for everything EXCEPT consistently streaming Netflix on the 60” in basement 

So because I live rent free, just thought it was easier to buy a TV for upstairs instead of changing Mum’s whole setup of the last decade. Working great, Peaky Blinders never loaded so fast! Just have to choose a piece of furniture to support it, it’s a wee bit big for a nightstand 

0812B4B0-760E-4CB8-8C84-54507CA70ADB.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Just unboxed a new Samsung TV. Can’t say I’m too impressed, but for the equivalent of maybe 6,000 baht before tax…..They’re still in business to make a profit, yeah? Flat screens have come way down, but we can’t expect $40 new televisions 

So it’s a 32” but only 720P. Just wanted something for upstairs so I can watch Netflix/Prime by myself, on something bigger than my IPhone. Sounds like a strange problem, but I learned you need strong WIFI when you have a 4 level townhouse compared to an apartment. The basement is where the big screen is, and the cable folks set up the modem 2 floors up. Apparently Wifi travels up easier, speed is around 15GB, sounds low but it’s plenty for everything EXCEPT consistently streaming Netflix on the 60” in basement 

So because I live rent free, just thought it was easier to buy a TV for upstairs instead of changing Mum’s whole setup of the last decade. Working great, Peaky Blinders never loaded so fast! Just have to choose a piece of furniture to support it, it’s a wee bit big for a nightstand 

There are several options available for extending the range of WiFi. Here's one article of many on what's available.

How to Extend WiFi Coverage in Your Home

• Great Info 1

First time for ages I woke up after only 5 hours sleep for a pee, then couldn't get back to sleep. Decided to get up. Now sat eating breakfast and my eyes are tired as.

Not one for an afternoon nap as I end up feeling worse after, but may lie down anyway as I am in another small pool comp tonight.

Perhaps some company may perk me up!

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

It's amazing what you can get these days. 

Well it was Boom Boom for me. 2 of my regular girls have gone back to the village and my other one visited yesterday. 

A very tiny new girl rocked up today and didn't disappoint. My goodbye present to myself for 2022.

Now sat in Thermae enjoying eyeing the talent. 

One beer then I am off to a party.

Enjoy whats left of 2022 guys and hopefully 2023 will start with a bang too!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sat at home having consumed the best part of two bottles of bubbly,just watched a supposedly long lost episode Of Morecambe & Wise,from 1972 so 50yo and it was better than any of the shite on nowadays.

Having a large Black Bush on the rocks before retiring until 2023,HNY everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1