Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Just read the awful news that Dave Barwise aka Barsie is dead aged 39.

Loads of BMs on here knew him from Secrets days and Phil's bar later.

Think the Pretty Bitch may have introduced him to his lovely wife Pla. Devoted couple.

Nicest fella you could wish to meet was Dave a gentle soul.

RIP young Barsie at least you'll have plenty of luggage for your next journey.

No way! Always came across as a really, really nice guy. 39, just a kid, just awful

Found this, he was complaining of water retention

https://www.facebook.com/barsie

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 3

Dave was a big poster on the Secrets board......I think for his picture he used a teddy bear....If I remember right he posted a whole thread with his wedding pictures, which did not seem too long ago.....I never met him but  he seemed like a nice guy to me....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 6

Was gutted to hear the news. Like so many have already said... One of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. He was the first guy to buy me a drink at Secrets and years later, one of the last. Very sad news indeed. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

So sad to hear. I think he used to cook steaks and eat them in the bath which l found strange, but that's what wonderful about forums. Never met but felt feel like i knew him thru forums. Rest in Peace. So young.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Just read the awful news that Dave Barwise aka Barsie is dead aged 39.

Loads of BMs on here knew him from Secrets days and Phil's bar later.

Think the Pretty Bitch may have introduced him to his lovely wife Pla. Devoted couple.

Nicest fella you could wish to meet was Dave a gentle soul.

RIP young Barsie at least you'll have plenty of luggage for your next journey.

Just read it elsewhere I never met him , but remember him from Secrets forum and him making his move to Patts too.

Big shame , no age at all R.I.P Barsie

12 minutes ago, roomark said:

Just read it elsewhere I never met him , but remember him from Secrets forum and him making his move to Patts too.

Big shame , no age at all R.I.P Barsie

Yes never met the guy but obviously a popular character and known by many here so it is very sad. RIP

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/10/2021 at 9:46 AM, Krapow said:

Don't know him at all, but 39 is no age, terrible!

Paul Mariner, ex Ipswich (in the heyday) and England striker, 68.

@Britboy probably knew him ...

Yes, I did know Paul quite well. So sad that he's passed. I'd not seen him for a few months due to his illness, but John Wark visited him frequently in the last few weeks, so I knew this was sadly coming.

What a fantastic guy and just an awesome player. We had one thing in common that we always talked about - rock music. He loved rock music, his favourite bands being Iron Maiden and Deep Purple. He was good friends with Ian Gillan, Deep Purple's lead singer.

I remember when we signed him from Plymouth. He had all the big clubs to choose from, but he got on so well with our chairman at the time, John Cobbold, that he chose us. West Brom (sorry @misteregg) were one of the clubs in for him and his first game for us was against West Brom at Portman Road. We won 7-0 and Mariner scored on his debut. An absolute screamer - see below. His goal starts around 5.08.

Such a sad day.

• Like 7

On 7/9/2021 at 11:45 PM, nampla69 said:

Thanks to Golfingboy for the link I know loads of the lads have pics of him as he was generous to a fault.

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 23.44.36.png

Ah, now I know who you mean, putting names to faces.

Only knew him from Le Pub, but always enjoyed talking to him.

This is really sad . . 😪

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Our North American BM, will surely remember this man from Night Court. Charlie Robinson, who played Mac, the court clerk who always wore those cardigans,  has passed at 75

80AC40C9-0B8C-40EC-9472-035924FB76AE.jpeg

I remember him and Night Court from the 80's (North American resident at time). John Larroquette's prosecutor was always my favourite character.

RIP Mac.

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

I remember him and Night Court from the 80's (North American resident at time). John Larroquette's prosecutor was always my favourite character.

RIP Mac.

Dan Fielding was the best, I’m sure he would have visited Pattaya in his day! 
The judge also passed away about 5 years ago, he was 65 I think

12 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Our North American BM, will surely remember this man from Night Court. Charlie Robinson, who played Mac, the court clerk who always wore those cardigans,  has passed at 75

80AC40C9-0B8C-40EC-9472-035924FB76AE.jpeg

Was a great show with a classic bunch of characters. Seems the longer I live the more people I've known pass away

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thumper63 said:

Was a great show with a classic bunch of characters. Seems the longer I live the more people I've known pass away

Yup, and whenever a month or so goes by and nobody you grew up knowing passed away, you can be sure 3-4, or more, will go the next week. It’s awful….

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Yup, and whenever a month or so goes by and nobody you grew up knowing passed away, you can be sure 3-4, or more, will go the next week. It’s awful….

The worst thing about growing old is there is that many more days of suffering from the loss of loved ones.

• Like 2