COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

jack nicholson " you cant handle the truth"   and he was probably right.

bits come out here and there.  WHO is a bought op for certain, reading their wuhan reviews from january for example.  I dont do politics but dont think they deserve a bean

china revised deaths by... oops 30 %,  mainly to see if we buy that

and this covid was already spreading around the globe by end december, just no one knew what it was.  ( fact) 

one day the truth will really get out and by then people will just brush it aside.  which is sad

• Like 1

Went out for a walk today to get some coconut milk to keep the curries coming. 

Yes, that's genuine, that is the name of it lol. 

Then I see this dude walking up the other side of the road. Seriously!

#fashionstatementbro

image.jpg

IMAG1582.jpg

• Haha 6

On 4/17/2020 at 6:26 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Funny you should say that.

Went in to the offies the other night for a carry out. It's attached to a bar run by the IRPS, one fella came in through the bar door and I got a quick look in and saw about 10 of them all sat drinking at the bar.

West Belfast ain't locking down for nobody.

More and more shops opening here. 

Our local £/sell everything shop has opened up again. 

Thank f**k, was able to get a pair of hair clippers, proper expensive on eBay or Amazon now, and most from China.

Let the missus loose on it next week, last of the Mohicans. 

IMAG1584.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Krapow said:

f**k sake grow a set and get some self respect. No one likes a rat, nevermind getting on like a crying little girl.

Embarrassing!

Did you just attack another poster there by calling him a muppet? 🤣

I have been warned and had posts deleted for merely mentioning another poster, and you're allowed to get away with this?

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Thank f**k, was able to get a pair of hair clippers, proper expensive on eBay or Amazon now, and most from China.

IMAG1584.jpg

Lucky you.

No such joy here. Other than supermarkets etc everything is shut.

Come the 7th of May there will be massive pressure to ease restrictions.

Lancashire Police say they plan to apologise to a man after an officer was filmed threatening to "make something up" in order to arrest him.

The clip, shared widely on social media, shows a man in Accrington being spoken to by police on Friday.

The man tells the officer: "You're arresting me? What for? I've done nothing wrong."

The officer responds: "I'll lock you up.... We'll make something up… who are they going to believe, me or you?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52338058

See what happens when you give the Police sweeping powers?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Lancashire Police say they plan to apologise to a man after an officer was filmed threatening to "make something up" in order to arrest him.

The clip, shared widely on social media, shows a man in Accrington being spoken to by police on Friday.

The man tells the officer: "You're arresting me? What for? I've done nothing wrong."

The officer responds: "I'll lock you up.... We'll make something up… who are they going to believe, me or you?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52338058

See what happens when you give the Police sweeping powers?

Like the old days when I would get nicked at football and get a kicking in the cell for playing up. 

Always been fucking filth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, alias said:

I have been warned and had posts deleted for merely mentioning another poster, and you're allowed to get away with this?

It's apparent he's got something on "the man". Bloke down the pub mentioned something about a picture, a closet and boyztown, whatever that means. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

IMAG1584.jpg

Don’t forget to dip it in a bucket of bleach first for an hour or so, can’t be too careful. Best to do it whilst it’s plugged in and switched on. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Come the 7th of May there will be massive pressure to ease restrictions.

There will yea. 

I'm still going for mid May.

We should start a 24/7 sweepstake, winner gets a free haircut!

2 hours ago, Esco said:

It's apparent he's got something on "the man". Bloke down the pub mentioned something about a picture, a closet and boyztown, whatever that means. 

f**k me not another conspiracy, i'm close to the edge here, don't know how much more I can take 😬

And now for the good news.

Part of the transcript of the WHO Friday (17/04/2020) press conference.

Dr Michael Ryan speaking

Secondly a lot of the preliminary information that's coming to us right now would suggest
that quite a low proportion of the population have actually seroconverted so it may not solve
the problem. There's been an expectation maybe that herd immunity may have been achieved
and that the majority of people in society may already have developed antibodies.

I think the general evidence is pointing against that and pointing towards a much lower
seroprevalence so it may not solve the problem that governments are trying to solve.

Then thirdly there are serious ethical issues around the use of such an approach and we need
to address it very carefully. We also need to look at the length of protection that antibodies
might give. We're not - nobody is sure whether someone with antibodies is fully protected
against having the disease or being exposed again.

Plus some of the tests have issues of sensitivity; they may give a false negative result and we
may actually have someone who believes they're seropositive or they're protected actually in
a situation where they may be exposed and in fact they are susceptible to the disease. It's not
that these tests cannot be used but there's a lot of work to do to standardise those tests, to
ensure that they're validated, to ensure that they're used as part of a coherent policy and that
there's a very clear public health objective to their use and that they're not misused in any
way.

So we will look at what Chile is doing or proposing to do; we will look at what all countries
are proposing to do and we will offer the best advice we can based on science and ethics to
them. Maria?

MK To supplement, yes, this is an ongoing issue and we will be issuing some guidance
over the weekend on this because there are a lot of countries that are suggesting to use rapid
diagnostic - rapid serologic tests to be able to capture what they think will be a measure of
immunity.

As Mike has said, right now we have no evidence that the use of a serologic test can show
that an individual is immune or is protected from reinfection. What the use of these tests will
do is measure the level of antibodies and it's a response that the body has a week or two later
after they've been infected with this virus and these antibody tests will be able to measure that
level of seroprevalence, that level of antibodies but that does not mean that somebody with
antibodies means that they're immune.

So we will be issuing some guidance around this because it is a confusing area. There're a lot
of tests right now that have flooded the market and that's a good thing. It's a good thing that
these things are being developed and that they are available but we need to ensure that they
are validated and so that we know what they say that they attempt to measure they are
actually measuring.

So we hope to put some guidance out over the weekend and that guidance will be updated as
more information becomes available.

For those who want to read the full transcript, it's a PDF. The bit referred to begins at 00:29:03 with a question

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/transcripts/who-audio-emergencies-coronavirus-press-conference-17apr2020.pdf?sfvrsn=1bd9c4cd_2

And for those who have trouble reading, the Youtube video

https://youtu.be/pq785praDS4?t=1786

And the good news keeps on coming.

An eminent Australian vaccine inventor says COVID-19 may never have a preventive vaccine.

Professor Ian Frazer, the immunologist who co-invented the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine which prevents cervical cancer, said a coronavirus vaccine was “tricky”.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/no-vaccine-for-coronavirus-a-possibility/news-story/34e678ae205b50ea983cc64ab2943608

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

IMAG1584.jpg

Good to see you got the ones with the "Adjustable taper lever for precise cutting lengths".

You don't want your first home haircut to turn out badly.

14 hours ago, fygjam said:

Perhaps, at the end of the day, there are no PROBABLE or PRESUMED because ALL deaths were CONFIRMED by a Covid-19 test as suggested be done wherever possible.

i cant presume re other countries but we use it all the tim ehere.  most cases here too of death had underlying medical conditions too

• Great Info 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I was going to have a look at the current amount raised by Captain Tom, but I see he's broke the Internet. :default_biggrin:
image.png

But I did see this on another part of the Internet that hasn't been broken.
Coronavirus: Capt Tom guest of honour at Harrogate hospital opening

Captain Tom Moore

Looks like he only broke the Internet in Thailand. Logged on to a server in the US and was able to see his donations page.

£25 million in donations. Just amazing!

Screen Shot 04-19-20 at 09.07 AM.JPG

2 hours ago, KWA said:

Good to see you got the ones with the "Adjustable taper lever for precise cutting lengths".

You don't want your first home haircut to turn out badly.

The use of a mirror front and back of the head is advisable..... Its only when you've fooked up your haircut you realise that what you see in the mirror is in reverse to what actually happens. Buzz cut all the way Krapow, don't bother trying to style yourself a mullet. 

• Like 1