COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

American president recommends light treatment and  disinfectant to cure COVID-19...

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're gonna test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued: "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets on the lungs and it does a tremendous number, so it will be interesting to check that. So that you're going to have to use medical doctors. But it sounds, it sounds interesting to me. So we'll see."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/media-erupt-over-trump-comments-on-disinfectant-heres-what-he-said

94429925_10100461496770403_6392171948004081664_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus
beaching with sunlight right now.
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, lazarus said:

American president recommends light treatment and  disinfectant to cure COVID-19...

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're gonna test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued: "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets on the lungs and it does a tremendous number, so it will be interesting to check that. So that you're going to have to use medical doctors. But it sounds, it sounds interesting to me. So we'll see."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/media-erupt-over-trump-comments-on-disinfectant-heres-what-he-said

94429925_10100461496770403_6392171948004081664_n.jpg

Looks like the second wave is coming 

but not from covid but from people drinking disinfectant . As if the hospitals aren’t busy enough. What  a idiot Trump is

5 minutes ago, Homor said:

Looks like the second wave is coming 

but not from covid but from people drinking disinfectant . As if the hospitals aren’t busy enough. What  a idiot Trump is

I'll stick to advice from the doctors...

FDA warns of risks with Trump-promoted malaria drug

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning doctors against prescribing a malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus outside of hospitals or research settings.

In an alert Friday, regulators flagged reports of serious side effects and death among patients taking hydroxychloroquine and the related drug chloroquine. The drugs, also prescribed for lupus, can cause a number of side effects, including heart rhythm problems, severely low blood pressure and muscle or nerve damage.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/24/fda-warns-of-risks-with-trump-promoted-malaria-dru/

4 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Prepare to piss yourselves 🤣

"An Open Letter to the president"
From the Drummer of Mötley Crüe, Tommy Lee
Dear Fucking Lunatic,
At your recent press conference - more a word salad that had a stroke and fell down stairs, you were CLEARLY so out of your depth you needed scuba gear. Within minutes of going off air your minions were backpedaling faster than Cirque De Soliel acrobats... In India a week ago, i couldn’t get past the bit about your being the most popular visitor in the history of fucking india — a country of a BILLION human souls that’s only 3000 years old, give or take.!!! Trust me - Gandhi pulled CROWDS.. You pulled a cricket stadium and half WALKED out...
Do you know how fucking insane you sound, you off-brand butt plug? That's like the geopolitical equivalent of “that stripper really likes me” — only 10,000 times crazier and less self aware.
You are fucking exhausting. Every day is a natural experiment in determining how long 300 million people can resist coring out their own assholes with an ice auger. Every time I hear a snippet of your Queens-tinged banshee larynx farts, I want to scream!
We are fucking tired. As bad as we all thought your presidency would be when Putin got you elected, it’s been inestimably worse.
You called a hostile, nuclear-armed head of state “short and fat.” How the f**k does that help?
You accused a woman — a former friend, no less — of showing up at your resort bleeding from the face and begging to get in. You, you, YOU — the guy who looks like a Christmas haggis inexplicably brought to life by Frosty’s magic hat — yes, you of all people said that.
You attempted — with evident fucking glee — to get 24 million people thrown off their health insurance.
You gave billions away to corporations and the already wealthy while simultaneously telling struggling poor people that you were doing exactly the opposite.
You endorsed a pedophile, praised brutal dictators, and defended LITERAL FUCKING NAZIS!
Ninety-nine percent of everything you say is either false, crazy, incoherent, just plain cruel, or a rancid paella of all four.
Oh, by the way, Puerto Rico is still FUBAR. You got yourself and your family billions in tax breaks for Christmas. What do they get? More paper towels?
Enough, enough, enough, enough! For the love of God and all that is holy, good, and pure, would you please, finally and forever, shut your feculent KFC-hole until you have something valuable — or even marginally civil — to say?
You are a fried dick sandwich with a side of schlongs. If chlamydia and gonorrhea had a son, you’d appoint him HHS secretary. You are a disgraceful, pustulant hot stew full of casuistry, godawful ideas, unintelligible non sequiturs, and malignant rage.
You are the perfect circus orangutan diaper from Plato’s World of Forms.
So f**k you Mr. President. And f**k you forever.
Oh, and Pence, you oleaginous house ferret. f**k you, too. You'll be as useful as a chocolate teapot against a medical crisis you Bible thumping cock socket."

Wonder how he really feels.

• Haha 2

Widespread hopes of a ‘V-shaped recovery’ could therefore prove ill-judged. Blanchflower believes government support including wage subsidies will not last forever when restrictions lift, leaving some firms with little choice but to lay off staff.

“Is the government going to pay a gym to stay open even though if no-one is going there? After [the lockdown’s] over and they stop paying the money, what’s going to happen? The gym’s going to close.”

Other firms could slash workers’ hours and further cut use of contractors to stay afloat. With few other employers hiring, the economist expects a significant rise in under-employment, particularly among the self-employed, will be another “big outcome” of the crisis.

Fears about the economic toll of a weak recovery are increasingly being voiced by business leaders themselves. Trade body UKHospitality warned on Thursday more than a million jobs could be at risk, in a sector where large numbers have been furloughed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/coronavirus-32-million-furloughed-workers-may-not-get-their-jobs-back/ar-BB137pO4

48 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Widespread hopes of a ‘V-shaped recovery’ could therefore prove ill-judged. Blanchflower believes government support including wage subsidies will not last forever when restrictions lift, leaving some firms with little choice but to lay off staff.

“Is the government going to pay a gym to stay open even though if no-one is going there? After [the lockdown’s] over and they stop paying the money, what’s going to happen? The gym’s going to close.”

Other firms could slash workers’ hours and further cut use of contractors to stay afloat. With few other employers hiring, the economist expects a significant rise in under-employment, particularly among the self-employed, will be another “big outcome” of the crisis.

Fears about the economic toll of a weak recovery are increasingly being voiced by business leaders themselves. Trade body UKHospitality warned on Thursday more than a million jobs could be at risk, in a sector where large numbers have been furloughed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/coronavirus-32-million-furloughed-workers-may-not-get-their-jobs-back/ar-BB137pO4

Could be worse mate. Imagine this shit going down in a weak economy such as that in 2008. Fundamentally, the economy is strong so if you have to put it in a coma, it may not be the worst time. I think when it comes back it's going to be with a roar, not a whimper. You read it here first.

9 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Could be worse mate. Imagine this shit going down in a weak economy such as that in 2008. Fundamentally, the economy is strong so if you have to put it in a coma, it may not be the worst time. I think when it comes back it's going to be with a roar, not a whimper. You read it here first.

It depends how long they persist with the lockdown. 

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

This is an excellent article on why so many with C19 are dying of pneumonia.

The Infection That’s Silently Killing Coronavirus Patients

The key point from the article...

We are just beginning to recognize that Covid pneumonia initially causes a form of oxygen deprivation we call “silent hypoxia” — “silent” because of its insidious, hard-to-detect nature.

To my amazement, most patients I saw said they had been sick for a week or so with fever, cough, upset stomach and fatigue, but they only became short of breath the day they came to the hospital. Their pneumonia had clearly been going on for days, but by the time they felt they had to go to the hospital, they were often already in critical condition.

A vast majority of Covid pneumonia patients I met had remarkably low oxygen saturations at triage — seemingly incompatible with life — but they were using their cellphones as we put them on monitors. Although breathing fast, they had relatively minimal apparent distress, despite dangerously low oxygen levels and terrible pneumonia on chest X-rays.

So it would seem the advice from the CDC may very well be wrong. If you wait until you're having trouble breathing, or have symptoms of low oxygen levels, it may be already too late to treat the infection with non-invasive procedures. And from some reports, once you're intubated your chances of survival are not good.
Screen Shot 04-24-20 at 01.22 PM.JPG

BTW, an interesting side note. Dr. Levitan who wrote the above article is the same one who was kicked out an apartment over fears of him bringing the virus into the building.

Doctor Kicked Out of Upper West Side Co-op

an excellent and easy to understand report thx/

@katelinthicum
·
9h
The coronavirus has upended the fentanyl trade, cutting into the profits of Mexican traffickers and driving up street drug prices across the US.

The reason why?

Most of the chemicals used to make fentanyl came from one place: Wuhan, China.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Well, won't make ya well it seems...

94491868_1440297909506913_4282861788942303232_o.jpg

You don't know anymore what's most worrying .... A "president" telling this shit or the company feeling the necessity to make a disclaimer.......

I mean, is there really anybody out there who would try it ? 

if yes, sorry, but let them do. I can only improve the average of humanity's IQ by elimination.

The rest of my thoughts belong in the WTF thread .....hahaha

An aerial view of cemetery workers unloading a coffin from a truck in an area where new graves have been dug at the Parque Taruma cemetery, during the coronavirus pandemic, in Manaus, Amazonas state, Brazil, on April 21, 2020. #

Michael Dantas / AFP / Getty

original.jpg

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

It depends how long they persist with the lockdown. 

Covid-19 is death. Losing a job..is not death. You lost your job, then get a job as an essential worker. No special skills required to drive for uber eats and make 35 bucks an hour. Or sit on your ass and collect unemployment till this all blows over.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Covid-19 is death. Losing a job..is not death. You lost your job, then get a job as an essential worker. No special skills required to drive for uber eats and make 35 bucks an hour. Or sit on your ass and collect unemployment till this all blows over.

Looks like you're repeating the point Cuomo made in the video posted in this topic, but the statement that C19 is death is no more correct than losing a job is not death. And you're assuming there's enough essential worker jobs available for the millions out of work. Most would rather be working than collecting unemployment.