COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

23 hours ago, roomark said:

Any problems with your 2nd mate?

I was reading the Pfizer can be a bit rough 2nd time round (I've had one shot of it)

I had "Moderna" and absolutely no side effects at all....other then the arm was more sore after the second one. Why is that? I asked the girl giving the shot and she did not know either. Glad you are on your way to getting #2. Well done...piece of mind at least for me.....is high on the priority list. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Thornton's is the latest retailer to close all its stores due to the pandemic. None of its 61 stores will be reopening. 600 possible job losses. 

Apparently 17,500 chain and other retail stores have closed permanently during the last year in the UK. 

Fucking horrendous. 

_117585359_gettyimages-117577430.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

My 82 year old mother got her 1st shot, Moderna, this past Friday and her 2nd will be on April 9th. I had figured she should have been done sooner, but the county she lives in isn't a major population center and it was only getting so many doses per week. But am grateful she is now halfway home.

I get my 2nd Pfizer shot on Saturday and since the word is out that any potential side effects from the vaccine are most associated with the 2nd one, I'll only have plans to stay home the rest of that day and have a few pints of Guinness while watching an old WWII movie where America and Great Britain bails out the French. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Politicians eh, a politically motivated smear campaign against what's seen as 'British' Vaccine by the EU to deflect from and give excuse for their shambles of a vaccine roll out.  Knowing that this 'pause' will undoubtedly cost lives. Not one f**k given!

That and a bit of the domino effect, want to be seen to be looking after their citizens by the 'pause', but, in reality it will cost lives.

For the same number of people measured, there would be more blood clots happening, than there currently is with those vaccinated. Nevermind one of the ways people die due to Covid is blood clots in the lungs! You couldn't make it up!

I had a blood clot in my thigh in November, and after loads of tests (about 8 vials of blood they took) they couldn't give a reason as why it happened, they classed it as 'Unprovoked', as in just happened naturally, it happens. 

I voted remain, but this kinda shite just makes me glad for Brexit!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

44 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Good to hear that, my son, repent and ye shall be saved!

I was torn right up to when i had to do my postal vote, as i always work the election. 

I could see both 'sides', but voted remain whilst thinking of my daughter, to give her more opportunities. 

But once the vote happened, Brexit won, and i seen the antics of the remain mob, who wouldn't accept it, i came down firmly on the Brexit won, get it done camp!

Anyways, enough of the politics, or those dastardly mods will move or delete my posts and i'll start huffing again :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1

Politics, yes, but on topic!

Here's the question to which I'd like an answer. Pfizer have reported 25 cases of bloodclotting in 11 million vaccinations. Astrazeneca have reported 28 cases in 10 million. What is the logic of suspending one without the other? That's a question they won't answer

Iain Dale ⚒️ on Twitter_ _Here's the question to which I'd like an answer. Pfizer have reported 25 cases of bloodclotting in 11 million vaccinations. Astrazeneca have reported 28 cases in 10 million. What is the logic of suspendin.html

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Here's the question to which I'd like an answer. Pfizer have reported 25 cases of bloodclotting in 11 million vaccinations. Astrazeneca have reported 28 cases in 10 million. What is the logic of suspending one without the other? That's a question they won't answer

Iain Dale ⚒️ on Twitter_ _Here's the question to which I'd like an answer. Pfizer have reported 25 cases of bloodclotting in 11 million vaccinations. Astrazeneca have reported 28 cases in 10 million. What is the logic of suspendin.html

Well of course it could just be politics to deflect from the abysmal roll out of the vaccination program in certain countries.

I really wouldn't like to think that some European leaders are throwing their toys out of the pram but anything is possible these days.

23 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I know you don't like conspiracy theories but how about it is a dirty tricks campaign against the non-profit making drug by Big Pharma, which is going to clean up selling their alternative vaccines. I suggest that that theory is supported by the fact that AZ still hasn't been approved for use in the US, where both parties take huge donations from Big Pharma.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Krapow said:

1-3 people per 1000 die naturally of blood clots...

https://www.stoptheclot.org/blood-clot-information/blood-clots-in-the-united-states/#:~:text=On Average%2C 274 People Die,3 cases per 1%2C000 people.

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

I know you don't like conspiracy theories but how about it is a dirty tricks campaign against the non-profit making drug by Big Pharma, which is going to clean up selling their alternative vaccines. I suggest that that theory is supported by the fact that AZ still hasn't been approved for use in the US, where both parties take huge donations from Big Pharma.

I see it as the EU has tried to discredit the AZ vaccine from the start, due to resentment, Brexit, showing up their own failings, deflecting and used as an excuse for their own shambles of a vaccine roll out.

Certainly it's more than supposed 'genuine concerns about the safety of their citizens' and just caution. 

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.todayonline.com/world/suspension-astrazeneca-shots-political-decision-italys-medicines-regulator-head

So somebody is actually saying it is a political decision and after heavy tactics from Germany and France, well I am not surprised.

Sometimes wonder about different cultures in far away lands that can cause issue, pretty obvious we don't have a lot in common with our nearest neighbours either.  Happy Britain stands alone although I mainly direct my angst at politicians in all these countries and not at most of the people.

26 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

https://www.todayonline.com/world/suspension-astrazeneca-shots-political-decision-italys-medicines-regulator-head

So somebody is actually saying it is a political decision and after heavy tactics from Germany and France, well I am not surprised.

Sometimes wonder about different cultures in far away lands that can cause issue, pretty obvious we don't have a lot in common with our nearest neighbours either.  Happy Britain stands alone although I mainly direct my angst at politicians in all these countries and not at most of the people.

What I've always said is that I don't have a problem with Europeans and have many European friends,it's just the EU that I do not like.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The first two T20I's in India had 60-70k spectators with no social distancing.

The 3rd one(all held in the same place)has no spectators as there's been a spike in Covid infections in that city.

Given that the first one was only last Friday surely the spike must be coincidence and not due to the cricket.

Surely?

After my second shot a few weeks back of the Pfizer and the short lived ill effects that lasted only hours the next day. I have felt absolutely fine. Plus as many have said.... there is a peace of mind knowing that I have been proactive in taking steps to protect me and mine as best I can under the strange circumstances

• Like 4

On 3/15/2021 at 6:35 PM, galenkia said:

Thornton's is the latest retailer to close all its stores due to the pandemic. None of its 61 stores will be reopening. 600 possible job losses. 

Apparently 17,500 chain and other retail stores have closed permanently during the last year in the UK. 

Fucking horrendous. 

_117585359_gettyimages-117577430.jpg

When ever the wife was going back to Thailand she used to visit our closest Thornton’s and buy enough chocolate to fill 2 suitcases for family and friends out there. 
She’s gutted.

She’s getting her second shot of Pfizer today. 

Edited by KhunDon

9 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

When ever the wife was going back to Thailand she used to visit our closest Thornton’s and buy enough chocolate to fill 2 suitcases for family and friends out there. 
She’s gutted. ☹️

As far as I am aware Thorntons Chocolate products are still on sale at the major UK supermarkets.  I will check next time I visit.

8 minutes ago, john luke said:

As far as I am aware Thorntons Chocolate products are still on sale at the major UK supermarkets.  I will check next time I visit.

True, they are John, but not in the quantity of choice that their shops used to sell. 😟

Just now, KhunDon said:

True, they are John, but not in the quantity of choice that their shops used to sell. 😟

If you get the chance then stock up and sell for silly prices on Amazon or EBAY, could be a killing.  You will still have some left for yourself.

• Haha 1

Ms von der Leyen said the EU has granted 314 requests for vaccine exports and has only refused one since authorisation was introduced on 1 February.

She said the flow of vaccines was smooth with the United States, but voiced frustration over lack of deliveries of the Oxford vaccine from Britain.

"We are still waiting for doses to come from the UK," she said.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-threatens-to-block-jab-exports-to-uk-and-other-countries-with-high-vaccination-rates-12248671

On the one hand they don't want it & on the other they're complaining because they're not getting it.EU are fucking wankers.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

On the one hand they don't want it & on the other they're complaining because they're not getting it.EU are fucking wankers.

Yep - Muchly -

Europe threatens to seize AstraZeneca factories

London: Europe has threatened to seize AstraZeneca factories and strip the pharmaceutical giant of its intellectual property rights in a fresh escalation of the bitter row over coronavirus vaccine exports.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen refused to rule out the dramatic interventions on Wednesday, warning “all options are on the table” to boost the number of doses available to the continent’s 450 million citizens.

The bloc drew up separate laws in January to give itself the final say over whether COVID-19 vaccines manufactured on the continent can leave its territory. Officials have approved 314 exports and rejected just one – a shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca doses to Australia.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/we-are-in-the-crisis-of-the-century-europe-threatens-to-seize-astrazeneca-factories-20210318-p57bq7.html