COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

8 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Cant resist going against the whining, crying and collective panic....

Brilliant!

The vast majority of the whining, crying and panic comes from you, repeatedly, all over these covid threads.

Just shows your grasp of reality that you don't get that, and posted they above.

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

My answer would be this :

Screenshot_20200322-082950_Seeking Alpha_copy_600x1067.jpg

Txt above continues "Your fears do not cancel my rights"

Sums you up, unbelievably arrogant and selfish.

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Its not mine, please note. 

I note your opinion, but that where its stop. I live MY live MY way. Basta.

I really hope Indonesia bring in a lock down and you get jailed for breaking it due to your arrogance and selfishness.

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, fforest said:

Boy there sure is a lack of any 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand accounts on any forum I read of any one getting this virus.....

What exactly are yo trying to say, lizard man?

Through my work I know more than one who has this.

33 minutes ago, ArtyGraph said:

90527422_2450497555264341_2915604747496980480_o.jpg

8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

We should have Diane Abbott reading out the nation's and numbers affected on the live news. 

''erm Taiwanland eleventy thousand dead'.

😂

Oh no. Someone is trying to make political capital out of the Covid-19 crisis.

No doubt Ivan will be reporting these posts pronto.

The way I see it with Thai Spice, he may not have to worry about dying from Coronavirus but........he may need a Liver transplant the way he keeps drinking himself into "oblivion" on a daily basis!  Living the dream in Indo huh?  LOL!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I just want to say: I'm mainly reading 3 Thai boards.  But the mixture of solid information, piss-taking (if I used that term correctly), some fun, and personal anecdotes make this one my favorite.  Cheers y'all!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

The way I see it with Thai Spice, he may not have to worry about dying from Coronavirus but........he may need a Liver transplant the way he keeps drinking himself into "oblivion" on a daily basis!  Living the dream in Indo huh?  LOL!  

Wrong.

You have no clue who I am.

• Thumbs Up 1

320px-National_Public_Radio_logo.jpg.21134b672a2608d6a60a6da286be400b.jpg

Do You Get Immunity After Recovering From A Case Of Coronavirus?

March 20, 20203:39 PM ET
By Nell Greenfieldboyce 

It's unclear whether people who recover from COVID-19 will be immune to reinfection from the coronavirus and, if so, how long that immunity will last.

"We don't know very much," says Matt Frieman, a coronavirus researcher at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore. "I think there's a very likely scenario where the virus comes through this year, and everyone gets some level of immunity to it, and if it comes back again, we will be protected from it — either completely or if you do get reinfected later, a year from now, then you have much less disease."

(READ MORE)

• Like 1

CNN.JPG.3c3cb673d314568909fb14427c3e9e1b.JPG

Canadian officials grow anxious as multitudes return from spring break
From CNN’s Paula Newton in Ottawa

Canadian officials pleaded with those returning from spring break to go home and quarantine for 14 days and then stay home indefinitely as public health officials worry about yet another wave of travel related coronavirus infections.

“I wish anyone could give a date at which point this will all be behind us, but that really depends not just on what we do today, but what we keep doing tomorrow and into next week and into next month,” said Prime Minister Justin Trudeau outside his home where he remains in quarantine after his wife tested positive for the virus.
Canada’s Health minister was more blunt and suggested the government will use all measures in its "tool kit," including fines, if returning travelers do not abide by orders to stay home.

“When we say that you must stay at home for 14 days that means you stay at home for 14 days, you do not stop for groceries, you do not go visit your neighbors or your friends, that you rest in your house for 14 days, no exceptions,” said Patty Hajdu, Canada’s Health Minister.

By the numbers: Public health officials say there are now roughly 1,388 cases of Covid-19 in Canada, with at least 19 deaths.

They add that they have tested more than 90,000 people, and are testing more than 10,000 people per day. Test results are still taking a full 24 hours as Canada, like other countries, looks for ways to speed up those results.

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Perhaps, but Spicy, any current negative reaction to you on here is pretty much your own doing.

You've repeatedly posted you'll do exactly as you want, and don't give a f**k about anyone or anything else. 

We get it, we've got it for ages, couldn't be plainer, your life as you say, despite your actions potentially affecting more than you, up to you!

So why you continually feel the need to make posts bragging and boasting about running about shaking hands, out partying etc, it's going to get a reaction.

As said, we get it, you don't give a f**k, just get on with it, we don't need to continually hear about it. 

why do you read TS posts,if what he says upsets you or goes against the grain.that goes for others who the Frenchman gets up your noses,don't read.no problems mostly he is just taking the piss

don't read,don't get bothered by his belief in what is going on.:default_deadhorse:

simple you then will have more time to read all my wonderful posts :default_drinks:

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Thumbs Up 1

NYT.JPG.e682230d7293d19d2cdcc92b050d7963.JPG

New York Has Roughly 5% of Coronavirus Cases Worldwide

The increase in cases stems from both the rapid growth of the outbreak and significantly increased testing in the state.

Right now, New York has 15,168 confirmed cases, up 4,812 since Saturday, and New Jersey has nearly 2,000 confirmed cases.

Hospitals and other care facilities are hotbeds for spreading the virus due to people with other problems also contracting the virus, skewing mortality rate statistics.  Italian doctors recommend home treatment for COVID-19 patients:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/21/coronavirus-plea-from-italy-treat-patients-at-home/

A large percentage of COVID-19 deaths are occurring in hospitals and nursing homes; nearly 30% of reported deaths in USA have occurred in ONE nursing home in Washington State.

Also skewing statistics:  Italian doctors have been counting everyone who dies WITH coronavirus as having died OF coronavirus.  Their coronavirus death toll might be off by nearly a factor of 10:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/have-many-coronavirus-patients-died-italy/

Also note that their aging population and overtaxed government medical system, that also has to contend with large numbers of "refugees" who arrive ill, are also part of their problem.  These factors don't translate well to other countries:

https://www.embopress.org/doi/full/10.15252/embr.201642171

Finally, there's a good chance that we're greatly overestimating the mortality rate of COVID-19, not only for the reasons above, but also because we aren't testing people who are asymptomatic.  Given that they are 80% of all cases, our actual number of cases might be 5x the number we think, meaning that we may be overestimating the mortality rate by at LEAST that much.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/coronavirus-pandemic-doctors-take-serious-disease-shutdown-approach-may-be-imperfect/#slide-1

The money shot:  

"In the 2009 H1N1 pandemic influenza outbreak, for instance, the initial case–fatality estimate was 1 percent. As time passed and we obtained a more accurate case count, the U.S. rate fell to 0.02 percent."

Personally I think this is a gross overreaction for these reasons and more.  I can't remember any other case where healthy people were quarantined so that at-risk groups won't get sick, rather than the other way around.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd be having a field day right now.  As someone who is deeply suspicious of governments and declarations of emergencies without sufficient data, I'm watching this situation closely.

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2