What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Every month my sister and I go to her daughter Jenny’s grave. She was only 18 when she was killed as a passenger in a car accident.

As you say, seeing the young children’s graves is very sad.

Mate, I can see you and your sister have some demons and I can only say, you have been through it, so stay strong. Talking about it and seeking professional counselling will help but the hurt is there.

Take care mate, you have a lot of support here.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Queue for the bagel shop on Brick Lane. 

Though to bring fair, the salt beef is superb. 

20230521_132942.jpg

20230521_133003.jpg

20230521_132929.jpg

20230521_133030.jpg

Used to be able to get really great salt beef sandwiches in Soho,haven't been there for a few years so not sure if you still can.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 1:46 PM, AJSP said:

Just headed out to a small food festival which was okay. Driving back saw this beast in front of us. Sounded great 

IMG_9170.jpeg

GTR is lunatic,GTR Nismo is lunatic on steroids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I shall be doing the same next week.

My Mum and Dad, and 3 of my sisters are all buried in the same cemetery.

Each sister died of breast cancer. My Mum had breast cancer when she died but it wasn't the cause of death. My Dad died of lung and throat cancer from smoking .

I am sorry to hear. I still go and chat with my mum and dad, my brother thinks I am crazy but I need to believe and be close. Keeps me happy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Mate, I can see you and your sister have some demons and I can only say, you have been through it, so stay strong. Talking about it and seeking professional counselling will help but the hurt is there.

Take care mate, you have a lot of support here.

I’m back talking with my addiction counselor Sian, she counseled me for six months before, and she basically took someone I thought was broken beyond repair and fixed me.

We have this bond and 100% faith and trust in each other, she’s basically the only person that can get me through this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 5/16/2023 at 4:44 PM, boydeste said:

I haven't suffered from leaks, but have had to have all the floor boards up several times to chop into the pipes to unblock them. 

All my rads are on micro bore. The 22mm main runs directly into a gatling gun arrangement each end. 

You were lucky mate, at least you could lift floor boards to get to the problem.
I bought a new block of 4 x 2 bed flats in 1992, which had precast concrete floors on the first floor and solid concrete floors on the ground floor, through which, the copper micro bore pipes were run. What a friggin nightmare when leaks started to rear their ugly heads. 
luckily the building had a 10 year NHBC warranty which covered cutting open the floors and installing new pipe runs.
The NHBC inspector decided that all the micro bore pipes in the building had to be replaced and the builder was ordered to do the work. He was also ordered to pay me loss of use on the 4 flats, as I couldn’t rent them out due to the dust/noise etc. luckily he had an insurance policy in place which covered that side of things. 
It took over 3 months to complete the work to a point I could then start putting tenants in them again. 
The house I’m in now I’ve recently (5 years ago) had all the plumbing etc replaced with PEX plastic pipes, with the exception of some copper pipes for the new Combi boiler, but at least all the pipes are relatively easy to access in the event there is a leak. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Getting over a hang over from my 50th High School re-union Sat night....not good LOL! 

Few of my buddies from 1973 Varsity Baseball team...

This gal in the orange blouse walks up to me later in the evening as I was taking to some of my buddies right? My 3 best gal pals from back in the day, still look great. She says to me " Oh my God Mike'?  She immediately puts her hand over her name and pic, then says " You don't remember me do you"?   I said " Oh well it has been 50 years" She says "I remember you for sure, you were always staring at my legs in Algebra class"???  WTF?  She then kisses me on the cheek and said "See you at the 60th re-union"  Of course I never did that!  She must have been doing "yabba" earlier in the day. LOL!  

Good to be back in the hood. 

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7978.JPG

IMG_7995.jpg

Those ladies look great for their age.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 5/19/2023 at 1:20 AM, Stillearly said:

Just realised I've been retired for five years , as at yesterday.... amazing how quickly the time has flown by ...don't miss it at all  🙂 

June 10 will be 12 years for me. I don't miss it one bit. Never look back.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I am a wee bit tipsy!

This morning a mate popped over, cooked me lunch and we drank 2 x bottles of laughing bird, then I fell asleep.

Tonight my neighbour woke me up and dragged me around their house for a BBQ. Prawn, pork, fish, chang and sangsom, dancing mau lam. Pissed as a kunt at the moment but what a laugh!

Regarding retirement.. I make no secret of how much money I have earnt and spent over the years to the point of having just my two basic pensions now. When I was "rich" nothing was real. Spending shit loads just for show. Isaan friends have let me see who I really am with no pretense. I am loving my retirement!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Those ladies look great for their age.

Thanks Alan, hey since I am still shaking off the cob-webs, one of those little beauties is in the "Yessongs"  trophy case and hall of fame from 1975...care to take a guess at which one?  :default_goodjob:

33 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Thanks Alan, hey since I am still shaking off the cob-webs, one of those little beauties is in the "Yessongs"  trophy case and hall of fame from 1975...care to take a guess at which one?  :default_goodjob:

I’ll go for the one in the dark dress on your left , still looks great, but I bet she was a stunner when she was younger.