Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

12 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Just an update on Dave Barwise.

He went to hospital on Monday a week ago because he had terrible water retention throughout his body. The hospital drained 4 liters of fluid.

Tests at the hospital revealed he had severe diabetes which had never been treated along with severe cirrhosis. 
Dave being Dave, he checked himself out of the hospital, only to return on Thursday. 
I spoke my last conversation with him there and although he was unable to open his eyes as he was so tired, he told me he was checking himself out. I managed to persuade him to stay.

Pretty soon after his body developed sepsis which spread to his legs really quickly.

He had a heart attack on Friday at 1:00am and then I had the horrible task of phoning his parents to tell them that Dave probably wouldn’t make it.

He had a second heart attack at 12:35pm on Friday which was fatal.

As he lay dying I played his favorite song “I Predict A Riot” and after I changed him into his favorite Leeds United shirt.

I went to the Police Hospital in Bangkok yesterday to identify his body and release it for cremation which will be Saturday at 1:00pm at Wat Nong O near to the Big C Xtra.

Pla is absolutely devastated. Devoted to her husband, I have never seen such a strong bond for a husband from a Thai lady.

Condolenses to his parents Dennis and Margret and his brothers Anthony and Martin.

Had he stayed in hospital on Monday I’m sure he would be alive now. He had severe diabetes but it would be under control. He had money to pay the hospital. I’m not sure what he was thinking and never will.

Thanks for the update Phil.  It's very sad when people won't let the experts help them and suffer the worst fate. That's the second person in recent years that I knew.  The other friend wouldn't go to hospital even though he could hardly walk and sadly passed alone in his condo. I can kind of understand if money wasn't available,  but that wasn't the case! 

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Andy Fordham 59

F9FAED99-1010-408A-90AF-3B48CFCF4F27.jpeg

That's sad to hear. 

Though his lifestyle was terrible in the past. Huge drinker, 30 pints a day man. Mate I used to work with, his brother was a pro dart player for a while. Ex BDO and PDC,my mate would travel to some tournament's with his brother. They would  car share with other players. One would sometimes be Andy. Mate said he would do a 24 pack of lager on the way to the longer trips. Said Andy was a blinding fella, real sound geezer. Lost lots of weight. Not sure if he put it all back on again. 

RIP Andy. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, misteregg said:

He went to hospital on Monday a week ago because he had terrible water retention throughout his body. The hospital drained 4 liters of fluid.

Tests at the hospital revealed he had severe diabetes which had never been treated along with severe cirrhosis. 
Dave being Dave, he checked himself out of the hospital, only to return on Thursday. 
I spoke my last conversation with him there and although he was unable to open his eyes as he was so tired, he told me he was checking himself out. I managed to persuade him to stay.

Pretty soon after his body developed sepsis which spread to his legs really quickly.

He had a heart attack on Friday at 1:00am and then I had the horrible task of phoning his parents to tell them that Dave probably wouldn’t make it.

As he lay dying I played his favorite song “I Predict A Riot” and after I changed him into his favorite Leeds United shirt.

I went to the Police Hospital in Bangkok yesterday to identify his body and release it for cremation which will be Saturday at 1:00pm at Wat Nong O near to the Big C Xtra.

Pla is absolutely devastated. Devoted to her husband, I have never seen such a strong bond for a husband from a Thai lady.

Condolenses to his parents Dennis and Margret and his brothers Anthony and Martin.

Had he stayed in hospital on Monday I’m sure he would be alive now. He had severe diabetes but it would be under control. He had money to pay the hospital. I’m not sure what he was thinking and never will.

I rarely ever say this.... but, bless you Phil.   🙏

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

22 hours ago, misteregg said:

dear Phil, what you have done for Dave has gained my admiration and respect. thank you. Luigi

Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac fame has died at the age of 73, RIP Peter and thanks for your brill guitar playing, a true maestro.

Now lets all get listening to "Albatross" in tribute, what a wonderful piece of music. 

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac fame has died at the age of 73, RIP Peter and thanks for your brill guitar playing, a true maestro.

Now lets all get listening to "Albatross" in tribute, what a wonderful piece of music. 

He did die,but it was last year....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

A marvelous musician, as some of us have discussed in past threads. He sure provided some enjoyment to my ears over the years

R.I,P.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1