COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have a young grandson whom, I adore. I spend a lot of time with him and I am always concerned about his safety and wellbeing. But my daughter would make the call regarding vaccination which would be respected whatever that might be. 

It's up to the parents and always has been, regarding child vaccinations. Of course life goes on. That is what we all want. I don't feel like I am shitting myself over Covid at all, but the world is still in a phase of uncertainty. There already a number of different vaccinations available, other than Covid for under 16 year olds

Vaccination is nothing new. Yet suddenly some are worried about the Covid vaccination for children. 

I have an open mind about it, but I cant see much of a downside. I also don't want him to miss out on vital education through school lockdowns

I am in no way promoting child Covid vaccinations, but I am certainly not against it in principle. 

Fear is not a great motivator. We can either face our fears and risk any consequences that arise, or defend ourselves from those fears by taking defensive actions. But we are not all the same 

The truth of all this, is that none of us can know with any absolute certainty where all of this is going to end up. 

I didnt actually mean you shitting yourself 🤣 No I meant us a nation , you're right of course it is up to the individual ..

No worries have a good weekend 🍻🍻🍻

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fforest said:

f**k them, the more they get ostracised from society the better.

Less chance of meeting a fuckwit is all good in my world.

Still think Thailand will make vaccination mandatory for visa renewals when they have enough vaccines to make it work. Probably 6 to 9 months ...

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

UK helping out Australia yet again!

I hope our Australian Board members will be grateful and show us Brits some humility :default_detective: :default_biggrin:

1. The UK and Australia have struck a deal over Covid vaccines, with the UK to supply four million Pfizer jabs to Australia.

Australia's Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced the deal during a press conference from the country's capital Canberra.

It follows another vaccine swap deal a few days ago, when Singapore agreed to send 500,000 vaccines that were about to expire to Australia. The agreement will see Australia return the same amount of Pfizer vaccine doses to Singapore in December.

Announcing the deal with the UK, Morrison says: "The plane is on the tarmac now. It will be leaving tomorrow.

"Those doses will be coming over the course of the next few weeks, which will see us double the Pfizer doses that we have during September.

"This means from Downing Street to Down Under, we are doubling down on what the Pfizer doses are here in Australia this month."

Australia has one of the slowest vaccine rollouts among wealthy countries, with just 36.4% of people over the age of 16 fully vaccinated. Millions of people are living in lockdown, amid an outbreak of the Delta variant which began in June.

The country recorded its 1,000th death from the pandemic at the end of August.

Article share tools

And they wonder why they are in permanent lock down?. Bizarre how a first world country like that is not vaccinating faster. Or is it because no cunts allowed out the house to get one?. 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

And they wonder why they are in permanent lock down?. Bizarre how a first world country like that is not vaccinating faster. Or is it because no cunts allowed out the house to get one?. 

From memory, early on I seem to remember Europe blocking vaccine orders from going and stealing them for their own use.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Krapow said:

f**k them, the more they get ostracised from society the better.

Less chance of meeting a fuckwit is all good in my world.

Still think Thailand will make vaccination mandatory for visa renewals when they have enough vaccines to make it work. Probably 6 to 9 months ...

There is a roomer that a vax side effect for some people is nastiness...  

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

There is a roomer that a vax side effect for some people is nastiness...  

Let's be honest here, you post these silly little pics to get a reaction.

So when you then get the reaction you seek, don't come across all put upon, eh ...

partridfe.gif.4cdce33e6e76dcdf967d8fdaeb508f0f.gif

Edited by Krapow

11 hours ago, roomark said:

Can't understand your worries at all..

What are the actual figures of kids dying?? 

I've got a son age 10 and one coming up 14 both back at school I won't give permission for my son at 14 to have the vax either (iv had both) until I know it's 100% safe with a few years behind it.

Imagine something going wrong in a couple of years and I signed off on permission for it.

Just madness at a young age .

Edit:

Just found it on a Google search 25 kids died under 16 ,19 of them with underlying health conditions.

I never said anything about kids being vaccinated. My worries stem from ADULTS  who refuse the vax and then passing it on to children. 

• Thanks 1

The cost of Covid quackery is very real...beyond the numb nuts that subscribe to it.

Oklahoma's ERs are so backed up with people overdosing on ivermectin that gunshot victims are having to wait to be treated, a doctor says

https://www.insider.com/oklahomas-emergency-rooms-are-clogged-with-people-overdosing-on-ivermectin-2021-9

• An ER doctor in Oklahoma said rural hospitals were clogged with people overdosing on ivermectin.

• Jason McElyea said the bed shortage was so severe that gunshot victims had to wait to be treated.

• McElyea said people were reporting vision loss after overdosing on the deworming drug.

Capture.JPG

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

"rumor" 

What's nasty is having a loved one die from an awful virus, and not even be able to see them before they depart to another place.

Let 'em have his misguided fun. The thread would be boring w/o him & rooob spelunking away with false indignation.

I'm happy to be Moderna vaxx'ed (will get the booster), will have my daughter vaxx'ed once the shot's approved for kids <12, and will continue to play it safe in public places (i.e. mask, social distance, avoid crowds). As long as there's contrarians out there fumbling around one cannot assume safety.

I know more than a handful of folks who've died. Fortunately, no relatives.

239898091_4618871108146924_6625746826570123135_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus

43 minutes ago, roomark said:

Ah sorry mate was prob reading it early and half asleep 🤣 

Lol... join the club amigo.

I assume your number of 25 deaths is a UK figure. In the U.S. it's closer to 500 as of 1st September. We've really cocked this vaccine rollout up. 50 states and 50 different approaches is just not working. We have a long, long way to go.

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

From memory, early on I seem to remember Europe blocking vaccine orders from going and stealing them for their own use.

The vaccine rollout in Australia has been an absolute shambles from the get-go!

Not enough vaccines ordered in the beginning (last year).

Vaccines weren't approved until late Feb/early March despite having been used overseas for months.

After a few of those who got AZ started popping their clogs the feral gummymint kept changing the advice on who should get which vaccine.

So there ain't enough Pfizer hence the swap (make sure you poms overstamp the best by date correctly).

The feral gummymint got into a hissy fit with Moderna so their vaccine still isn't approved.

And to top it all, "Gold Standard" Gladys mismanaged a delta outbreak and so more than half the population is in lockdown.

PS. I'm not in lockdown due to appropriate case management where I am.

We probably make the Thailand vaccine rollout look like a well oiled machine.

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 2

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

The vaccine rollout in Australia has been an absolute shambles from the get-go!

Not enough vaccines ordered in the beginning (last year).

Vaccines weren't approved until late Feb/early March despite having been used overseas for months.

After a few of those who got AZ started popping their clogs the feral gummymint kept changing the advice on who should get which vaccine.

So there ain't enough Pfizer hence the swap (make sure you poms overstamp the best by date correctly).

The feral gummymint got into a hissy fit with Moderna so their vaccine still isn't approved.

And to top it all, "Gold Standard" Gladys mismanaged a delta outbreak and so more than half the population is in lockdown.

PS. I'm not in lockdown due to appropriate case management where I am.

We probably make the Thailand vaccine rollout look like a well oiled machine.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Nope. The Australian Federal Government treated Pfizer with contempt, haggling on price plus other issues and were told to GAGF'd.

Local production of AZ didn't meet publicised levels because that same Government 'guilded the lily' on what would be available.

Instead of a rapid vaccination program taking place from mid February 2021 it took until towards July before it all started to effectively roll. By then Delta was off and running.

Most people were waiting to be able to be vaccinated from February.

These swapping vaccine deals with UK & Singapore is a useless Government trying to save its sorry arse.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Lol... join the club amigo.

I assume your number of 25 deaths is a UK figure. In the U.S. it's closer to 500 as of 1st September. We've really cocked this vaccine rollout up. 50 states and 50 different approaches is just not working. We have a long, long way to go.

Yes U.K 👍

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Given that there is insufficient vaccines or the infrastructure to administer what there is, it matters not a rat's dropping what the fuking idiots say. They're just shouting "look at me, look at me" like the rest of the antivaxx crowd.

Vaccinate those who want to be vaccinated first then worry about the morons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Given that there is insufficient vaccines or the infrastructure to administer what there is, it matters not a rat's dropping what the fuking idiots say. They're just shouting "look at me, look at me" like the rest of the antivaxx crowd.

Vaccinate those who want to be vaccinated first then worry about the morons.

Bit harsh.... calling front line health workers "fuking idiots"....considering the wonderful job they have been doing since day one.

I would say they have more knowledge of the vaccines than a self claimed "google" king like yourself. You should show a bit of respect for these health workers who are continually on the front line. 

I for one...thank them for their devotion to duty.

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Apparently that 5% number is from an internal poll conducted three months earlier.

Victorian Ambulance Union boss says paramedics ‘overwhelmingly’ want to get Covid-19 vaccine

Victoria’s ambulance union has played down “outdated” figures showing hundreds of paramedics did not want to be vaccinated about Covid-19.

Ambulance Victoria figures show 256 “on-road clinical staff” declined to be vaccinated – 4.6 per cent of the total number of paramedics.

But Victorian Ambulance Union boss Danny Hill said the figures were a reflection of an internal poll conducted three months ago.

He said many paramedics had since been inoculated against coronavirus and at the time were only sceptical because they needed advice from their respective doctors.

“It was quite a simple poll and doesn’t capture the fact for many they might've had difficulty with access and not yet seeing a doctor,” Mr Hill said.

“Many paramedics who ticked not yet having the vaccine have since had it, some just wanted the chance to talk to a doctor as the advice from authorities has been for all Victorians.”

Mr Hill said 86.5 per cent of all state paramedics had been vaccinated.

“Uptake has actually been quite high and it’s not wise to focus on out-of-date figure,” he said.

“The public can rest assured that overwhelmingly Victorian paramedics are choosing to be vaccinated.”

49 minutes ago, roobob said:

Bit harsh.... calling front line health workers "fuking idiots"....considering the wonderful job they have been doing since day one.

I would say they have more knowledge of the vaccines than a self claimed "google" king like yourself. You should show a bit of respect for these health workers who are continually on the front line. 

cheers

Are you against knowledge or educating one's self? I suppose you a fan of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge or the Taliban, they don't like knowledgeable people either. They also probably consider the cement table the paramount of furniture design and construction.

I don't have ready access to a paramedic (without ringing 000) in order to test their knowledge so perhaps you can enlighten us on "prefusion conformation", what it means and which vaccines it applies to (if any).

How about how ADV is modified and why.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

They don't deserve to be called health workers if they won't take the vaccine...they should be stripped of all responsibility concerning people's health immediately....'Devotion to duty' my arse.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

They don't deserve to be called health workers if they won't take the vaccine...they should be stripped of all responsibility concerning people's health immediately....'Devotion to duty' my arse.

I bet you were not complaining when they were carrying out their duties when no vaccines were available.

I am sure if you urgently needed one for your family or yourself today that you would not stop them at the door or turn them away.

Really...what a silly post you made.

cheers

Edited by roobob

43 minutes ago, roobob said:

I bet you were not complaining when they were carrying out their duties when no vaccines were available.

I am sure if you urgently needed one for your family or yourself today that you would not stop them at the door or turn them away.

Really...what a silly post you made.

cheers

Stop  deflecting from the real issues please...you fooling no-one