Stuff That Makes Life In Thailand Easier/Resolves A Problem

forcebwithu

3 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Haha no way ,the want some bloke in pattaya hahaha,classic.

I know, every kinda misfit and wannabe gangster always washes up in Pattaya at some point ffs :default_biggrin:

Apart from me of course, i'm the real deal 

image.gif.6bb437d2b6e2aab0d9444f88ab40dcff.gif

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I know, every kinda misfit and wannabe gangster always washes up in Pattaya at some point ffs :default_biggrin:

Apart from me of course, i'm the real deal 

image.gif.6bb437d2b6e2aab0d9444f88ab40dcff.gif

Is that kid doing an impression of Elvis while taking a dump ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I found this little beauty to be quite effective in nailing those little annoying bugs that fly around wifey's garden etc. 

This thing works great and are 35 baht each at Home Pro. Change it once a month. 

IMG_1076.JPG

Do flies get stuck on them ? Seriously. If so, I may consider investing in one of those for the outside. Maybe nab the c*cksuckers before they get inside.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Do flies get stuck on them ? Seriously. If so, I may consider investing in one of those for the outside. Maybe nab the c*cksuckers before they get inside.

They're quite effective as they're scented to attract the flies to the sticky strip.

Edited to add: I don't believe they're effective against mosquitos though.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

They're quite effective as they're scented to attract the flies to the sticky strip.

Edited to add: I don't believe they're effective against mosquitos though.

I am adding one of those to my list. Should be useful at least as a fly torture device. 

I don't sit outside much here because of how the angle the sun hits my front porch. Usually too friggen hot and mozzies galore.

I have a fog device that can be used if I ever find that I want to sit outside more often. But, typically it is too friggen hot, until later in the evening when mozzies are less active.

At some point in the future I will have some kind of shading installed, but presently other priorities are being dealt with. Chipping away, chip, chip, chip.

1 hour ago, richy65 said:

I’ve got a Venus fly trap in my kitchen, works a treat. Not sure if you can get them in Thailand though.

Beer bars are full of them. WTF were you doing when on Soi 8 besides eating pizza ?      😜

• Haha 2

Having 1 or 2 (or more) solid friends you can rely on if the need arises.

Unfortunately I’ve seen/heard  a number of people crash and burn for whatever reason in Thailand because they didn’t have an effective support network.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

47 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Unfortunately I’ve seen/heard  a number of people crash and burn for whatever reason in Thailand because they didn’t have an effective support network.

^^^^ Wise words. Spot on.

6 hours ago, Smiler said:

I agree that the support is really important but there are some people who will never learn and, even with a support network, they ignore advice and crash and burn badly. Usually a Thai girl is the reason and all support and advice will not resolve the guys destructive one way thought process, usually, as their girl is 'different'.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Smiler said:

Yes, and also knowing 1 or 2 potentially 'influential' Thai's if the need arises.

One of my wife's Uncles is a Naval Officer at Sattahip, another is a Lawyer based in Bangkok.

Both i get on well with, and could apply 'pressure' from different angles if any situation involving me arose.

I hope ...:default_biggrin:

• Like 2

This book should be handed out to all single mongers on arrival into Thailand. 

Money Number One.png

Shows the 2013 version but was around when I came here in the 90s, I am sure. Some info says first published in 2013 but I have seen forum comments about this book from 2002 and pretty sure I read it in the early 90s.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 1/12/2024 at 12:54 PM, Horizondave said:

Money Number One.png

Shows the 2013 version but was around when I came here in the 90s, I am sure. Some info says first published in 2013 but I have seen forum comments about this book from 2002 and pretty sure I read it in the early 90s.

I've downloaded a copy, according to the author it was first available in Pattaya in 2001.

Am skim reading it as much of it so Pattaya specific( travel from the airport, the baht bus!) . What makes it are the generic parts that are still true and the author whose very amusing.

More wisdom across circa 200 pages than entire vlog sphere combined!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/12/2024 at 7:54 PM, Horizondave said:

Money Number One.png

I remember the companion guide for bar girls.

grqenglforbargirl.png

5153.jpg

gYLBceXKDT.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 4

On 1/10/2024 at 9:17 PM, Glasseye said:

Is that kid doing an impression of Elvis while taking a dump ?

He`s doing an impression of Elvis doing an impression of Mr Whippy taking a dump.:default_es0cw:

4 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I've downloaded a copy, according to the author it was first available in Pattaya in 2001.

Am skim reading it as much of it so Pattaya specific( travel from the airport, the baht bus!) . What makes it are the generic parts that are still true and the author whose very amusing.

I have been coming to Pattaya since late 80s, thought I saw it earlier than 2001 but, of course, I am an old bugger so it could have been the date you mentioned.

I think most of it is so true, probably should have reread it again before I got married, could have saved a lot money and stress.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Double post oops

Edited by Horizondave

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the convenience of the Type C magnetic cable and connectors. Since the small magnetic connector stays plugged into the device, there's no more wear and tear on the connector from plugging and unplugging the device. A big 👍's up to the guy that thought up this clever invention.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/kuulaa-magnetic-cable-3-micro-usb-type-c-lightning-iphone-usb-charging-cable-for-xiaomi-redmi-ipad-ipad-pro-iphone-samsung-i2200936232-s7390568485.html?

• Like 1

This has more to do with hotels/guesthouses/condos than actually living in Thailand, although it may apply to your longer term rentals as well. My main complaint with any accommodation is poor lighting - I am a big reader and love to prop myself up in bed and read when I can't sleep or in the morning when I awake, and I have a real hard time with the poor or non-existent lighting around the bed areas in most venues. A few  years ago I went up to Home Pro in the Big C on Pattaya Klang and bought a proper adjustable desk lamp and have been dragging it from place to place ever since.

Today I moved from View Talay 6, where once again I needed this light, to a longer term rental in Jomtien; while I was waiting for my Grab ride outside of VT6 and fussing with my bags, I put my folded light down on the concrete retaining wall, thinking at the time that I hoped I didn't forget it there - well, guess what - the taxi came so quickly that I totally forgot to pick up my light. I dumped my stuff and got organized in Jomtien and then got the baht bus back downtown to meet up with the lads at Hemingway's, and figured I'd just go check and see if the light was still there, or if some kind soul had handed it in to security; well, lo and behold, up to the landing I walk and there is my light sitting exactly where I had left it, almost two hours later - will wonders never cease!!

Here it is folded up beside the basically useless bedside light I found in the new condo:

rsz_img_2415.jpg

And here it is unfolded and ready to light up my reading for me:

rsz_img_2416.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2